Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's all about the numbers

So I went to get bloodwork and they used my arm and left a nasty bruise.  I guess we decided not to use my port? Good talk, thanks for that.

Tumor markers are down to 94!!!  Wooooooohoooooooo!
What does that even mean??  I'll tell you since I just bought a cool fact book about bone metastasis for $7.95. Some types of cancer release certain chemical substances called tumor markers into the bloodstream.  The blood tests determine whether the levels of these markers are rising or falling.

I am staying on the oral chemo, until 'it' comes back.  Is that acceptable? Not really......I mean, I would love to be cancer free and I know that is in my future.  But if I am not on any medication, that leaves me unprotected which is not cool, and if I'm on medication to keep it quiet or dormant, the cancer cells will get used to the meds and will stop working.  So maybe that is the best answer for now......it's a weird place to be.

More importantly this is the burning question:  Do I qualify for medical marijuana?????? I know you are all wondering.