Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy Fuckin' New Year!!!!!!!

The ball dropped............Happy New Year, it's 2011 and....................I AM CURED!!!!!!!

HA, just kidding!   That had to be done.

So this New Years was anticlimactic as all New Years are.....my lower and upper back still hurts, I'm still taking oral chemo and I'm still single, no shock here people.

I guess it would have been super cool to be magically cured or something. But Dick Clark certainly wasn't doing me any favors with his orange face and slurred speech.  Was I expecting anything to change just because the numbers changed from 2010 to 2011? I'm not sure.....I guess I was hoping to be in a different place by now, like in remission with eyebrows, eyelashes, and my hair.  I've definitely become a bit of a picture hoarder though.  I feel like everything I do needs to be documented, if there is a camera around, make sure there are some badass pictures of me!  A lot of people say when you go through a 'crisis' or whatever you want to call it,  "you must really appreciate the small things in life now."  I do to some extent as I always have appreciated the small things like peanut butter, sleep and lifetime movies, you know the real important things.
But I do have a more acute appreciation of each happy moment I have each and every day.   Like when I am reminiscing with friends about going to Giants games with my grandfather and having to drink Tab, and my friend says, "Yeah, Tab definitely causes cancer." Oops......BAHAHA. Or when I walk into the neighborhood bar, where everyone knows my name, and one of the regulars buys me a drink and tells me that my knit hat makes him horny, sweeeeeet. Or when I get to hold a friends baby, I love holding babies.
I don't look into the future, except when I think of the day I will be thin.....*:):):):):):)* (that's what the numerologist told me) and have my long hair back.

You know there was this mass status going around on facebook for a while.  It said, (I'm paraphrasing, it's actually possible I might be making most of it up) "Everyone has 1000 wishes, but a person with cancer only has one wish, to get better." I call BULLSHIT!  Really?!?!?! So if I come across a lamp with a genie and rub it, I get one wish, to get better of course, but my noncancerous friend here gets a shit ton of wishes AND gets a carpet ride with Aladdin????? Wow, that is not fair. 

I have the same wishes as everyone else, I just get a free pass to joke about cancer and you don't.