Thursday, August 19, 2010

Did that really just happen?

Sooooooooooo, now that you're hooked and Zack is out of the picture.......

I am on 2 different kinds of medication, zoladex and tamoxifen.  My tumor, hold the phone!, what am I saying, my?, yeah I like to put it on a leash and walk it.  THE tumor that is trying to take over my body, is estrogen receptive, meaning it feeds off of the estrogen in my body.  I imagine that there are little pacmen or pacwomen munching on my womanhood. So one medication blocks the estrogen from the tumor, while the other medication makes my body produce less estrogen.  Don't worry, I won't turn into a man.  With this magical concoction of medications, the tumor disappears! What?!?  By October I was in remission, oh I said it, REMISSION.  I even bought pink frosted donuts for people at work, how obnoxious is that?

It literally was like it NEVER happened.  Phew, having cancer is a breeze!